The DCDB™ Benchmark is based upon the article "Making Retirement Income Last a Lifetime", written by Daniel Cassidy, Michael Peskin, and Steven Sexauer, published in the Financial Analyst Journal.
The authors' bios are below.
Managing Director, CIO
Stephen Sexauer has been the Chief Investment Officer of AGI Solutions since inception in June, 2008, and has been a Managing Director of Allianz Global Investors of America LLC or one of its subsidiaries since May, 2003. Mr Sexauer has overall responsibility for AGI Solutions and is directly responsible for portfolio risk profiles, asset allocation and fund selection. Mr Sexauer is also a member of the AGI Fund Management Board.
Mr. Sexauer holds an MBA from the University of Chicago with concentrations in economics and statistics and a BS from the University of Illinois in economics.
Daniel Cassidy has over 20 years of benefits consulting experience serving companies ranging in size from 50 - 50,000 employees in the US, Canada and the UK.
Client Projects have included:
Dan is a Fellow of the Society of Actuaries (FSA), a Member of the American Academy of Actuaries (MAAA), an Enrolled Actuary with the Joint Board for Enrollment of Actuaries (EA) and holds the Chartered Financial Analyst designation.
- forecasting pension valuation results for ERISA and FAS 87/88
- retiree medical valuations
- plan design for 401(k) and pension plans
- merger & aquisition analysis
- investment performance monitoring
- 401(k) plan audits
- FAS 123 stock option valuation
Dan is the author of "A Manager's Guide to Strategic Retirement Plan Management", Published by John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
Dan is also on the Faculty at Boston College's Center for Retirement Research
Michael W. Peskin
Founding Partner & CEO
Michael spent 18 years at Morgan Stanley, ultimately leading the group responsible for advising and providing the senior financial management of pension sponsors with financial strategies and solutions for their pension and enterprise risk issues. His other positions at Morgan Stanley included Global Head of Asset Liability Strategies and roles within the Equity and Fixed Income divisions. In addition to his experience at Morgan Stanley, Michael also led his own proprietary asset liability consulting firm and worked at Credit Suisse First Boston and Buck Consultants.
Michael is an Associate of the Institute of Actuaries (AIA), an Associate of the Society of Actuaries (ASA) and a Chartered Enterprise Risk Analyst (CERA).
- "Asset Liability Management within a Corporate Finance Framework" - with Chad Hueffmeier - August 2008
- "Actuaries' Guide to Financial Economics" - with Enderle, Gold and Latter - SOA/AAA publication - 2006
- "The Emerging Pension Paradigm" - with Chad Hueffmeier - November 2006
- "Defeasing Legacy Cost" - with Richard Berner - Journal of Applied Corporate Finance (Morgan Stanley owned) - Vol. 18 No. 1 Winter 2006
- "'De-risking' Corporate Pension Plans: Options for CFOs" - with Richard Berner, Bryan Boudreau - Journal of Applied Corporate Finance (Morgan Stanley owned) - Vol. 18 No. 1 Winter 2006